Friday, August 25, 2006

he is psychotic

Justin Frank, psychiatrist: "I have not examined the President, so it is not proper for me to offer a diagnosis. However, my observations lead me to believe that he is psychotic."

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, did you enjoy the play?

Dr. Frank is not asserting that Bush is hearing voices, only that he is not entirely accepting of reality.

I have noted elsewhere that the whole Republican Party is increasingly hostile to reality. I am not sure that makes either Bush or the Republicans as a whole "psychotic", but I am keeping my eye on the threat to attack Iran.

I really do not expect the U.S. to attack Iran, partly because I do not think Bush would get sufficient backing from Congress. Bush's Republican backers in Congress are rallying, though. I presume a certain rational calculation permeates the deliberations of the Bush Administration, despite the history of bad judgement.

But, I could be completely wrong. Maybe, the President really has lost his grip. I know a President initiating a second war in the Middle East, without the backing of the country, would create a Perfect Storm, that would dwarf anything before in American history.

No comments:

Post a Comment